Sunday, April 14, 2013

What Happened to the Babies?????

Suddenly, two of them look pretty grown up and one looks a lot like Samuel.
 
 
Kaysha, age 16

 
Daniel, age 14

 
Anna, age 9
 
 
We're still kicking around.  Everyone is well.  Still seems odd to post pictures without Samuel.  Some things never change and this is one thing that I doubt will.  He would be eleven next weekend.  We try to imagine that.   Cannot really.  When Mark saw him in the dream he had just shy of a year after he went to Heaven, he thought he looked more like 12 than nearly 7.  That is the image he saves in his heart. 
 
Samuel is ever always around.  We still "notice" him and for that I am grateful.
 
I miss having "the babies," when there were four of them.  But I am enjoying the freedom that has come with their becoming young adults.   They are gentle children overall.   Kaysha is learning who she is as a young adult, making and taking great strides as such.   She continues to be very artistic and in more ways than one.  Daniel is a gentle giant, dramatic to the point that you cannot stop laughing sometimes and then he hams it up more.   He calls me "Mommy," even in front of his friends and I love it.   Anna is still a cross of Samuel and Delma but adds her own flavors into the mix.  She is very cheerful, helpful and mature for her tender age of 9.
 
Mark is still working at the University and that is going well.  We took up kayaking in addition to our hiking and camping adventures and are absolutely loving it.  I am still doing what I've done for years now.  Loving my family, schooling, sewing, you know, the usual.  
 
Bud turned 20 this year and is doing the best we've seen since bringing him home in 2008.  He acts like a 5 year old with the digestive tract of a 20 year old, that's all.  I know how to keep him safe from his overeating issues.
 
The dogs, all five of them, are the best!   It's good to have a "large" family of humans and critters.
 
We live a quiet life raising gentle, kind children and we enjoy that immensely. 
 
Hope you are all well.

4 comments:

Rea said...

I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well. I have read your blog for a VERY long time, but haven't been able to do much blog reading for almost 2 years...you came to mind this week, so I took time to come back. How wonderful to see that you had just posted this week! Know that you are in someones thoughts and prayers!!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday, Samuel. I hope you are having a great celebration in Heaven! Jen, I think of you, Samuel, and your family often. I'm glad to see how well everyone is doing. You all have a special place in my heart.

Wendi said...

Thought of you today and came here to see this lovely update. Thank you for keeping us updated on your family and your beautiful children.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read your update-- I am the one that would send Samuel notes on the wonder woman stationary--- I hope they liked it. your kids are so big!!!